Our Women in Leadership Program is designed to develop women with purpose into leaders who have a profound impact in their organisations, communities and wider society.
This program provides an opportunity for participants to pause and to experiment, to feed their curious and creative sides, to nourish and sustain their body as well as mind, to open new paths, to grow their leadership.
Join a cohort of talented and emerging leaders, where you will learn from a globally-recognised faculty with expertise in leadership, power, influence, negotiations and strategy – as well as each other.
Who Should Attend?
- Women identified for more senior roles in the future
- New women leaders who have recently transitioned into their role or find themselves in charge of a team that they used to be part of
- Experienced mid-level managers who are being positioned to take on a senior management role or need to develop a broader perspective
Find your voice
- Develop a leadership presence using strategic narratives, effective interview techniques and quieting their inner critic
Managing and leading effectively
- Manage relationships up, down and sideways
- Learn how to lead teams that you were once part of
- Understanding the roles of authenticity, trust, influence and resilience at a team and individual level
- Navigating the ‘double bind’ of getting your voice heard without alienating others
Build power and influence
- Drive outcomes through the use of skilful negotiation tactics inside and outside your organisations
- Develop an enduring and powerful network that supports and advocates for each other
Care for yourself
- Manage your physical and mental well-being in the context of your career and encourage others to do the same
Power and influence
Managing and leading teams
It can be so empowering and so inspiring to be among women who are on a similar trajectory to you, who can be there to answer your questions and to solve similar problems. Just being able to have that time away from work, to plug into a different network, can be so valuable.
General Manager, Circus Oz
Marianne is a former Senior Vice President at Gartner and Associate Dean and Chair of Management at Melbourne Business School who now works as a leadership and executive search consultant.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF MARKETING
Jody is an expert in branding, marketing strategy and economic and social impact who is committed to focusing on research and programs that encourage better business for a better world.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
Carol is an associate professor and registered psychologist who has held positions with BHP, Bank of Melbourne and the Department of State Development, Business and Innovation.
PROFESSOR OF MARKETING
Jill is an expert in decision-making and resilience, whose work draws on her family's experiences during the Holocaust. She has held positions at Kellogg Graduate School of Management and INSEAD.
PROFESSOR OF STRATEGY
Geoff worked at the highest levels of international finance before becoming an academic focusing on risk-taking by executives. He has received several research excellence awards from the University of Melbourne.
PROFESSOR OF ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
Isabel has received several awards for her research into organisational behaviour and human resource management. She teaches people management and diversity on our MBA programs.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF MANAGEMENT
With a PhD in social psychology, Jennifer specialises in organisational behaviour, negotiation and people management, and conducts research into the ways in which power is used in the workplace.
Amanda is a widely-published author who is recognised in academic and corporate circles as a pioneer of diversity in management and the application of mindfulness in leadership.